Wednesday, June 12, 2013

sick and tired of being sick and tired

I have been sick about 65% of the time since my last final was over. I got a terrible sore throat during my second week of freedom, then I had a week that was better except that I had a really itchy throat from seasonal allergies, and now I have been sick with a runny nose, headaches, and some dizziness for a week and a half. I finally decided I had a sinus infection and went to my doctor today. (I was avoiding going because I didn't want to have them just say, "Yep, you have a cold.") His nurse practitioner agreed, and now I'm starting antibiotics (and wondering if it was really necessary for the pills to be such a bright blue and a bright purple). I am ready to feel like a normal human being again. After finishing my finals, I was looking forward to keeping the house a little cleaner, reading some books, and maybe sewing some skirts for summer, and instead I've had to do a lot of resting and napping to get over being sick. Overall, the kids have been pretty good about napping lately, so that's been helpful. The kids are mostly recovered from having coughs, but Ryan is sick now too. Hopefully soon we will all be better. It's been hard to be home sick so much when we've been having such wonderful weather lately. We'd rather be at the park or swimming or just going for walks.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers