Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Heidi is determined to continue to wake up at 4:30 every single morning. She will cry for over an hour if I ignore her. I just don't know what to do to get her to sleep. If she would sleep until 6:00 I would be happy, but 4:30 is early enough that I need to go back to bed and late enough that by the time I fall back asleep it's time to get up and I'm exhausted the rest of the day. She has being very clingy and has had a lot of stranger anxiety lately, so I'm pretty certain that she is waking up for me, not because she is hungry. I hate that it is making me resentful, but I just need better quality sleep. She was sleeping through the night before she was two months old and started this habit about a month and a half ago. I'm tempted to move her into Kevin's room to see if the distance and having Kevin's company would be helpful to her, but I don't want Kevin waking up at 4:30 and I am still seriously afraid for her safety.

Today is our primary election day. I had little desire to vote. I tend to identify more strongly with the Republicans than the Democrats, but there are some parts of the Republican platform that I really don't like, and that is making it really difficult to decide who I will vote for. I feel that it's important to make an informed vote because I want to have good options for representatives and such for the election this fall, but I don't like a lot of the candidates, and really I don't believe that most of them will do what they "promise". I'm rather envious of Ryan because he's unaffiliated, so all that was on his ballot was the marriage amendment. Mainly the issues that I've changed opinions on in the past couple of years are environmental issues, immigration, taxes, and regulation. I don't really like the Republican opinions on those subjects, but I don't believe that Democrats will handle them well either.

One of our candidates for the House of Representatives is a crazy man. There are too many words in all caps in his position statements (which are completely incoherent), and his website has enough bright green and yellow to make anyone go blind, but what I'm really concerned about is that he says as a representative he's going to use all legal and ethical means to move Hollywood to North Carolina. First of all, I don't want Hollywood in North Carolina, and second of all, that's not exactly in his job description. Fortunately the other two options are more reasonable. I don't think he has much of a chance of winning.

*****
Well, I never posted this yesterday, so I guess I can add that Heidi slept until 6:00 this morning! Yay!

And I went and voted. I was looking at the results and found it interesting that people still voted for Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum even though they have both pulled out of the race. I wonder if people didn't realize they weren't running anymore or if they just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Mitt Romney. The marriage amendment passed.

We went to the annual physics department picnic today. We had a nice time, and Kevin actually sat and ate a pretty decent lunch. It was held at Henry Andersen park, so once Kevin was full we went and played at the playground. Christy Buck, one of the faculty in the physics department, was there with her little girl Ashley, who is a little older than Kevin, so Kevin had fun having a friend there. Then we had ice cream frozen with liquid nitrogen.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers