I am one of those annoying moms who feeds her children at home before coming outside to play instead of bringing out snacks. Not only that, but my children are those annoying ones that always want your kids' snacks.
I'm never sure how to approach this situation. People are always so courteous about it and either encourage their kids to share or kindly say that they didn't bring enough to share. And that's fine. But it doesn't get rid of the awkward feeling of knowing that my child is the one who's asking for everyone else's treats without having any to exchange. I just have a hard enough time getting out the door with kids wearing shoes and jackets that I can't handle bringing along fruit snacks, granola bars, and crackers too.
I have no objection to other people bringing out food. It's fun to have picnics. It's nice to have the convenience of getting both lunch and playtime taken care of. It just doesn't work for me. Whenever I try to bring lunch outside, Kevin just isn't interested because he wants to play. So we eat inside.
All I ask is that you try not to think less of me because I can't handle bringing my pantry to the playground every day. All I ask is that you nicely tell me if you can't share. I know fruit snacks are expensive, and I know that sometimes you just brought enough for your kids. It's no problem, I just want to eliminate the awkwardness.
The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
No comments:
Post a Comment