A little over a week ago K decided to start sitting up on his own. Yes, he decided. I think he knew how before, but didn't feel like doing it because it was more fun to be on his tummy and scooting around. He went straight from arching his back and tipping over on purpose to sitting up for fifteen minutes in the same place. It is so convenient to have him sitting up on his own! For example, I can put him in the bathtub and he will sit up so I can grab the washcloth and soap without holding onto him the entire time, and when I'm putting his shirts on I can do it with him sitting up. I didn't even realize what I was missing! And of course he looks so cute and (sniff) grown up in the sitting up position.
K is also possibly working on growing some teeth. People have been asking me if he's teething since he was two months because he drools and wants to chew and suck on everything, but I think it's just that he likes to chew and suck, not that he was teething. Anyway, it does look like there are a couple of bulges that weren't there before on his bottom gums, so maybe sometime something will emerge.
Sleep has been an interesting issue lately. It's always been my biggest struggle with K, not because he's a bad sleeper (he's actually a very good sleeper), but because I can't figure him out. Every time we get some kind of routine going, he changes and the routine stops working. Until recently, the soothing routine was rocking in the rocking chair while K sucked on something--generally my finger or his thumb. But lately he only wants to play when I do that, so I've started just reading him a story and putting him in his crib. He generally protests for less than a minute before soothing himself to sleep. I am grateful that he knows how to soothe himself to sleep, but it has still been difficult to figure out what his sleep needs are. I kind of miss the rocking and sucking routine too.
K learned how to make the sound of clearing his throat, and he does it almost all the time. He thinks it's very interesting.
Last Sunday RT did a photo session of K. He got some nice ones.
Lately he's been sticking out his tongue a lot.
2 comments:
He is so adorable. Great pics!!
Those pictures of K are great! He is so handsome.
Emma drools A LOT too! She is 11 months and barely got her first two teeth..on the bottom. :)
Post a Comment