Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think I'm going to have a baby anytime soon, despite what the ticker on my sidebar says. I read parts of a book called Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth (I rather liked it, by the way). The first half of the book consisted of birth stories. I can't tell you how many of those women mentioned that the night they went into labor the moon was full, and it had some kind of meaning or significance for them--I decided that was kind of weird. Well, last night and the night before I looked up into the sky and noticed that the moon was full, and I put my hands on my hips and said, "I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to have a baby when there's a full moon." My views about birth have changed quite a bit since I found out I was pregnant, but I still refuse to become enough of a hippie about birth that the moon becomes anything other than a big round rock. So if you want, you can blame the wait on my conscious decision to not go into labor under a full moon, although I don't think it makes much difference. The moon has nothing to do with it.
(Honestly, I doubt I will care much about the moon when I am having a baby.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Followers
Labels
Adam and Eve
(2)
Allison
(1)
Ann Marie
(34)
anniversary
(2)
Apartment
(3)
baby
(26)
beach
(1)
beans
(6)
birth story
(3)
birthday
(14)
books
(26)
bread
(8)
breastfeeding
(3)
busy bags
(1)
camping
(1)
Christ
(19)
Christmas
(22)
Chronicles of Narnia
(1)
cleaning
(5)
cloth diapers
(4)
cooking
(15)
Couch
(1)
crafts
(2)
craigslist
(1)
croutons
(1)
Dad
(3)
date
(2)
decluttering
(10)
decorating
(3)
dreams
(1)
Easter
(1)
family
(17)
flowers
(1)
food storage
(22)
for posterity
(4)
friends
(2)
gate
(1)
genealogy
(6)
goals
(5)
gratitude
(1)
hair
(6)
Halloween
(5)
health
(13)
Heidi
(117)
Holy Ghost
(8)
ice cream
(6)
joy
(1)
July 2014 trip
(12)
K
(222)
laundry
(6)
Learning in the Gospel
(5)
miracles
(3)
miscarriage
(1)
motherhood
(53)
music
(7)
names
(2)
nutrimill
(2)
oatmeal
(2)
occupational therapy
(4)
old wives' tales
(1)
peace
(3)
pie
(5)
potty training
(2)
powdered milk
(2)
pregnancy
(6)
projects
(16)
questions
(3)
rants
(13)
repentance
(8)
Rolling Over
(2)
RT
(24)
Ruby
(1)
school
(61)
service
(5)
sewing
(12)
shopping
(8)
snow
(7)
SPD
(3)
temperance
(1)
temple
(5)
Thanksgiving
(9)
things we have done
(119)
thoughts
(160)
trials
(9)
tummy
(9)
Utah trip 2012
(7)
van
(2)
voting
(2)
weather
(6)
weddings
(2)
wheat
(5)
3 comments:
Hum. I've never paid attention to what the moon was doing during any of my pregnancies. Maybe I should have. ;) Or maybe not...
All the best to you!
We'll be excited to hear your news whenever you have it!
I love that Gaskin book! I hear things didn't go exactly as you planned - but they never do. You can feel like a super heroine. Way to be!
Post a Comment