Friday, July 3, 2009

Feeling family-sick


Yes, these are all my siblings. The youngest is five years old, and I am the oldest (it's also starting to look like I will be the shortest someday). I've been really missing these beautiful people today. It's been a long time since we have seen each other.

One thing I love about my brother and sisters is that our friendship is not going to pass away with time like so many of my great friendships do. There's a special bond because we are a family, and even though eventually all of us will have moved away from our parents and possibly spread throughout the country, we will always be trying to make time to see each other and stay in contact with each other. I know that many people in our society are trying to get out the idea that there are lots of different kinds of families, but you really can't call just any group of people a family, even if they care very much for each other. There are lots of special relationships that we can have with people (and we definitely should develop those friendships too!), but what can compare with being an eternal family?

1 comment:

Amy T said...

Best wishes with the new baby and in the upcoming weeks and months of new parenthood!

Blog Archive

Followers