Here's the finished product:
And here's what it looked like before I baked it, just to prove that it actually did look nice when I put it in:
It was an apple pie. Other than the pie coming out looking like a round, blistered face, I only had one disappointment: It didn't take long enough to eat a piece of it. It tasted so good, and I wished I could enjoy it longer! We have two more pieces left, but they will probably be gone by the end of the day. I will have to try making one again soon. By the way, in case you didn't know, just because there is fruit in pie doesn't mean it is good for you--there is also a lot of sugar.
To keep myself occupied for the next month and a half, I have a few projects planned, involving sewing, canning, and scrap-booking (uh . . . what wedding album?). I will probably post pictures as I finish them because I am so proud of myself for trying something new. We'll see how much I actually do get done, because lately I have been amazed at how little energy I have for doing even the little things. But I intend to do my best without going overboard.
4 comments:
Ahh...the problem with food! All that work and it's gone so soon. What a lovely pie!
All the best on your projects! Those little babies (and not so little ones) certainly sap a lot of energy.
We are so excited for your baby! Take it easy while you can.
Looks like a delicious pie. Good breakfast food, too!
I remember certain times during my pregnancies where I felt like I was doing well if I got one thing done during the day. (Well, besides meals and keeping things picked up, and taking care of the other kids, etc.) But after doing something like making a pie, I probably would have had to lie down for most of the rest of the day. It's nice not to be pregnant, although the results are always soooo cute. Best wishes in the last few weeks!
I thought the finished product was beautiful! Besides, who cares what it looks like when it tastes so good! Wow, 38 days! I'm getting so excited for you!
Post a Comment