For the drive back east we took the southern route. We left on July 25th and planned to get to Georgia on the 28th.
The first day (Monday) we drove through Southern Utah down to New Mexico. I just love to look at all the exposed bedding in Southern Utah. There were so many cool formations. Unfortunately it's really hard to capture them in a moving car that could use a wash, but here's what I got:
![]() |
| The rocks really were green-ish blue. |
![]() |
| You may think that's an arch, but really it's a Stargate and that truck is being pulled through it. :) |
Tiffany had to go take a test in the morning, but we got some pictures of the cousins before we left.
On Wednesday we drove through Louisiana, Mississippi, and most of Alabama. We actually got all the way through Mississippi without getting out of the car. The police in those states seemed a little more predatory. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but whenever I was driving I felt like they were waiting for me to make the slightest slip so they could swoop down on me. At one point in Mississippi there was a police car behind me for quite a while and then he turned his lights on. I was really confused because I didn't think I was speeding or doing anything wrong, but I started slowing down and got in the right lane so I could pull over. Then once I was in the right lane he sped past me. I don't know if he was just trying to assert his dominance or what, because if he wanted to drive faster he could have easily passed me.
Wednesday night we stayed with Ryan's old roommate, Darin, and his family. I think they really enjoyed reconnecting, and it was fun to meet their family. We went to their wedding in Arizona eight years ago, but obviously didn't get to talk to them much since they were busy getting married.
Thursday was the last day of our trip, and we just had a few hours left to get to Georgia. I got some calls from our new apartment complex about getting electricity set up and when we could come get checked in, so I had to work on calling Georgia Power and getting that set up. We couldn't get checked in to our apartment until later in the evening, so we went to see where it was so we'd have a frame of reference and then we went to meet our realtor to start looking at houses.








No comments:
Post a Comment