Saturday, July 16, 2016

Don't forget to look.

Yesterday we went to Salt Lake City with some of my family to see some of the sights on Temple Square. (More on that later.) We finished off the trip by going to see the Christus statue in the visitor's center. I did pause to admire the mural as we walked up the ramp, but I was a little distracted because I was tired and the kids were restless. Plus when we got to the top it was a little crowded and noisy and there was a couple kissing right at the top of the ramp. So I was preoccupied trying to get my bearings and make sure everyone was there and ignore the kissers. And it was probably a minute or two before I realized something was wrong, and when I stopped to think about it I heard in my mind the words, "You haven't even looked at Christ yet." So I looked, and learned a lesson that I can apply to my daily life. So often I get very busy, and even if I'm not busy my mind is racing thinking about what I should be doing--and usually I'm busy doing good and important things like taking care of my family! But with all those distractions it's so important not to let myself get so preoccupied that I forget to look to Christ. With everything I need to get done I can't afford to miss the perspective and hope that come from relying on Him and His atoning sacrifice.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers