Friday, November 13, 2015

Halloween 2015

Happy Halloween from Superman, Anna (from Frozen), and a lady bug.

In the past I haven't done a lot of sewing for Halloween, but this year I thought it would be fun. I sewed Heidi's cape and dress, Kevin's cape, and Ann Marie's ladybug wings. They all turned out really well. I think the zipper on Heidi's dress is my best yet. (It took me a few days to work up the courage to start on the zipper. They're still challenging even though I've done it four or five times by myself.)

When the kids woke up in the morning they were as excited as they would have been on Christmas morning. We had a fabulous ward Halloween carnival at the church in the morning. There were breakfast, carnival games, and a fun spook alley with "gross" things to touch (like spaghetti for guts and a jello brain), then trunk or treating at the end. Ryan said that Ann Marie figured out the concept after three cars, and after that she insisted on carrying her own bucket and going to the cars herself. Kevin didn't figure out the point of trick or treating until he was four.

In the evening we went trick-or-treating in our apartment complex, which was very fun for the kids. Ann Marie figured out that people loved it when she waved and smiled sweetly at them, which might explain how she managed to get more candy than her older siblings. You should have seen her when we tried to take her candy bucket away when we were getting her ready for bed. She screamed bloody murder and held onto the bucket with a death grip.

I actually bought pumpkins this year. The kids were talking about carving pumpkins and I thought it might be a family home evening activity or something. But after I brought the pumpkins home the pumpkin-carving talk changed to, "Mom, when you carve my pumpkin I want it to look like such-and-such," which is when I realized that the kids weren't planning to carve their own pumpkins, which should have occurred to me much sooner. I didn't want to touch the slimy inside of the pumpkins at all. So we did put the pumpkins outside our door on Halloween, but other than that they ended up sitting on the kitchen counter with all the other clutter and not really being decorations. Then they got moldy spots on them and we threw them away.








No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers