One of Heidi's favorite games these days is to dance on the table and giggle while shrieking, "Get down! Get down!" She also likes to lean over the counter from the table and turn on the water.
I secretly enjoy it when she clutches things and says with a sweet smile, "Mine! Mine!"
She has just figured out how to open doors. I'm happy for her, but what a pain. Is it possible that this little sweetheart will one day become a two-year-old?
She loves to point to body parts and hear us name them. Her favorites are eyes, nose, and cheeks.
She will usually try to repeat what we say if we point to something and tell her what it is.
She finally has two more teeth, bringing the total up to eight teeth. It seems like most other kids already have a lot more at seventeen months old.
Today Heidi graduated from Relief Society. Since the custom in our ward is for kids to start attending Nursery at the beginning of the month when they turn 18 months old, next week is her first official week of Nursery (our church's class for kids that are 18 months to about 3 years old). I was dreading the six months before she got old enough because it was so hard to be in church when Kevin was that age, but it was much more bearable with Heidi. I'm still relieved that she's finally old enough to attend the nursery, though, because for the last few weeks all she has wanted to do is open the classroom door and run out in the hall, so I've spent the entire time standing by the door to keep her inside so I could get something out of the lesson. Hopefully she'll adjust okay. She has been to Nursery several times because I've substituted in Kevin's class, so it's already familiar.
When Heidi gets up in the morning or from a nap, she always wants to gather up every blanket and every stuffed animal that is in her bed, which sometimes means she is holding two stuffed dogs, her duck lovey, and two blankets. She also will insist that we drape a blanket over her head and wrap it around her. She has recently become very fond of the pink blanket in the pictures below.
Heidi's hair is getting a little longer, which means I can kind of fix it now if I have time or feel motivated. I can do one ponytail on the side with a clip, or I can do pigtails. Here's her I-slept-in-pigtails hair.
Today Heidi graduated from Relief Society. Since the custom in our ward is for kids to start attending Nursery at the beginning of the month when they turn 18 months old, next week is her first official week of Nursery (our church's class for kids that are 18 months to about 3 years old). I was dreading the six months before she got old enough because it was so hard to be in church when Kevin was that age, but it was much more bearable with Heidi. I'm still relieved that she's finally old enough to attend the nursery, though, because for the last few weeks all she has wanted to do is open the classroom door and run out in the hall, so I've spent the entire time standing by the door to keep her inside so I could get something out of the lesson. Hopefully she'll adjust okay. She has been to Nursery several times because I've substituted in Kevin's class, so it's already familiar.
When Heidi gets up in the morning or from a nap, she always wants to gather up every blanket and every stuffed animal that is in her bed, which sometimes means she is holding two stuffed dogs, her duck lovey, and two blankets. She also will insist that we drape a blanket over her head and wrap it around her. She has recently become very fond of the pink blanket in the pictures below.
Heidi's hair is getting a little longer, which means I can kind of fix it now if I have time or feel motivated. I can do one ponytail on the side with a clip, or I can do pigtails. Here's her I-slept-in-pigtails hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment