- Only eat sweets as a treat on the weekend or for special occasions.
- Read scriptures and say prayers before the kids get up.
My new goal is to make and follow a dinner menu. I just made a menu for the entire month! What a relief to have it already planned! Here is this week's menu:
Sunday: spaghetti and meatballs, green beans, white bread
Monday: au gratin potatoes, sweet potatoes, meatloaf
Tuesday: hot dogs, homemade baked fries, cooked carrots
Wednesday: white chili, salad
Thursday: shredded beef sandwiches, cooked carrots
Friday: tacos (using the leftover beef)
Saturday: burritos, rice
My plan is to do most of the preparing while the kids are taking their afternoon naps so that when they wake up I can toss things together and heat them up and we can have dinner soon after that. Tuesdays are my designated grocery shopping days, so I planned things so that on those nights dinner is quick and easy. Before I go shopping I can look at my menu and my recipes and figure out which ingredients I need to buy for that week.
No comments:
Post a Comment