We are down to about two and a half weeks until the due date--although of course it could be less or more. I've kept thinking the due date would seem soon once I reached three weeks, but it still doesn't seem soon. I guess the baby could come any day now, but it still seems like that day is so far away. I am feeling a little impatient, and this is why: It's boring to wait. I'm not in pain, I'm not sick, I don't have heartburn. Compared to the food aversions I had to deal with for the first four months, this is great. It's just boring to wait when I know that soon my very own baby will be placed in my arms. (Don't worry--it may be boring to wait, but I'm still finding all sorts of things to fill up the time. Laying around complaining about how bored I am would be boring.)
Fortunately for me, I'm not feeling especially miserable. My only complaint is that I feel heavy. I don't roll over at night anymore--it's more like launching over. But other than that it's not that bad. The thought of being pregnant for a couple more weeks doesn't bother me much. A lot of people seem surprised that I am feeling so well. A couple of nights ago when we went to the temple (yes, I sat through the entire session and it wasn't bad at all), one of the workers asked when I was due, and when I told her her eyes got really wide and she said, "Are you okay? Are you sure you're okay?" Really, I'm feeling great. Baby Q seems to be feeling a little cramped, though. Even though it would be nice for this to all be over (although I guess it's not really an ending--more like a beginning), I keep trying to remember that every day that passes before he is born is one more day for the baby to develop and learn to breathe and digest. And I want a healthy baby!
One of my sisters-in-law had a baby in May, and another had her baby yesterday. Events like that have sort of helped break down the time for me. Tiffany having her baby was sort of the last event I was looking forward to before our baby coming. The only thing left to reach is the finish line (not that this is a race!).
A random side note: It still seems kind of weird that I have in-laws. They're not really like in-laws, though. After only a year I feel like they are my family. I love them all so much!
Last week I had to really work to get my wedding ring off. It kind of hurt. I guess my fingers are swelling up a little bit. I haven't been wearing it, and I really miss having it on. Hopefully it will fit again soon.
We took a maternity tour. It was nice to see where everything is and get some of our questions answered. Having an idea of what to expect makes me feel a little more prepared. It seems like the hospital does a good job of taking care of you, but I have a feeling I will be happy when I can come home to finish recovering in familiar surroundings. It's nice that the hospital is only a couple of minutes away.
Monday was the last day of our birth class. I'm glad we took the class. It has been interesting to get to know people who aren't members of our church who are having babies, since I have already known lots of people having babies in our ward. One of the members of our class had already had her baby, and she and her husband came with the baby to tell us about their experiences during the first couple of weeks after he was born. It was nice to hear their thoughts. At the beginning of our class everyone always got a turn to say their name and something good that happened during the week. One person said that her good thing was that she had a gift card to Babies R Us, but she went there and couldn't think of anything that she needed, and she thought it felt really good that she was ready. I decided I felt grateful that I haven't once had to go into Babies R Us!
And here's a picture I took last week when I had exactly four weeks left until the due date. If you compare it to the last picture I do look a little bigger.
1 comment:
Cute picture! I'm glad you're feeling well. Good luck the next while...so exciting!
Post a Comment