Saturday, April 4, 2009

6 months down, three to go

Wednesday afternoon I was walking somewhere on UNC campus, and a lady who was going the other direction pointed at my belly and said, "Four . . . three months?" I knew what she meant (that I'm 3-4 months along), but I replied, "Yeah, I've got three months left." Her eyebrows rose in surprise, and she said, "Wow, you're not very big!"

I still feel big. Until I look in the mirror, anyway. I've felt big since December. It hasn't affected my self-esteem or anything--I know getting a round tummy is a good thing when you're pregnant, and I have sort of enjoyed starting to show. But it's still a little strange to look down at my tummy and see so much sticking out.

The top is what I looked like Wednesday. The bottom is what I looked like a month ago.


Wow. I actually haven't grown that much. Keeping in mind that this is my first pregnancy and that I still have three months left (in which this baby will probably gain about five pounds), however, I think I'm a normal size.

I did some baby supply shopping yesterday and found lots of clothes on sale, which made me excited. The Baby Bjorn carrier that we found on Ebay for a great price also came in the mail and looks great. I wrote a lot more about my shopping trip, but later on I deleted it because I told my mom all about it and decided that was enough. For some reason whenever I go shopping (except for groceries) I always want to show people all of the things I bought. I think it's because when I was growing up and my mom took us school shopping, she always told us to try on our new clothes and show them all to my dad when we got home. I think we even showed him all of our new school supplies most of the time.

As time goes on, I am feeling more and more excited that we are going to have a little boy. It just seems right to me. I see baby boys at church and think, "I'm going to have one of those!" I can't explain how much I already love him, even though I don't know much about him or even what he looks like. I feel that he is a special and wonderful person specifically and thoughtfully sent to us by Heavenly Father. I am looking forward to beginning my new responsibilities to nurture and love my own child.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

How exciting! You (at least your tummy shot) looks very cute. :) What a happy time for you all.

Sadly, no-one is going to look at me and think I'm 3-4 months along. They are just surprised that I still have 3 months to go!

Blog Archive

Followers